This breakfast (or snack when divided to half) is perfect for losing baby weight.
Proteins from cottage cheese and sardines keep me fed for hours and carbohydrates from crispbreads give me energy.
In addition, sardines and flax seed crispbread are a source of healthy Omega-3 fatty acids which are very beneficial for me as well as my breastfed baby.
- 1.5 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3.75 oz package of sardines
- 2 tsp dijon honey mustard
- 1/2 onion
- 4 multi grain crispbreads (Wasa)
- 4 flax seed crispbreads (Wasa)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- red bell pepper
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Mix low fat cottage cheese with sardines, dijon honey mustard and finely diced onion
- Add salt and pepper (make sure you don’t receive more than 1 tsp of salt per day!)
- Put the mixture on 2 multi grain and 2 flax seed crispbreads
- Add cherry tomatoes and sliced red bell pepper on the side
This breakfast is part of my 2,000 calories daily meal plan (5 meals per day). Just divide this serving to half and obtain nice snack.
|3/4 cup||low fat cottage cheese||19.5||6||3.75||135|
|1/2 (1.9 oz)||sardines||8.5||0||3.5||65|
|1 tsp||dijon honey mustard||0.3||1.8||0.4||12|
|2||multi grain crispbread (Wasa)||4||22||0||120|
|2||flax seed crispbread (Wasa)||2||15||1||80|
|1/2||red bell pepper||1||5||0||25|
Source: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and product labels