Egg whites are rich in proteins and are great as a part of breakfast or dinner. Proteins keep my stomach full for several hours and reduce later cravings. That is the reason I love scrambled eggs for breakfast.
In addition, proteins boost the metabolism which is a key to lose baby weight.
Red bell pepper is full of antioxidants and vitamins. Similarly the rest of the vegetables and multi grain crispbreads.
Veggies gives a great taste to the meal.
Ingredients and Nutrition Values
|1 small||red bell pepper||0.5||2.5||0||12|
|1/2 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||0||0||7||60|
|2||multi grain crispbread||4||22||0||120|
Source: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and product labels
Total time: 15 minutes (preparation 10 minutes + cooking 5 minutes)
- On one skillet make scrambled eggs, add salt and pepper if desired
- Cut vegetables to small pieces
- Make vegetables on the other skillet with olive oil, add basil if desired
- Put prepared vegetables on the top of the eggs
- Serve with multi grain crispbreads (for kids we prefer rather light rye crispbread)
This dinner / breakfast is part of my 2,000 calories daily meal plan (5 meals per day).