Try incredibly soft and juicy meat with the plenty of sauce. Goulash is very popular meal in our home country (Czech Republic).
This meal provides high amount of proteins and a little bit more fat than chicken meat, but not that much. It is a great alternative to the chicken while not compromising your weight loss diet.
If you add a half bag of brown rice, you might have well balanced lunch as well.
I gave this dinner to our 11 months old baby and she liked it a lot. This was probably one of the easiest meaty meal for her because the meat is very soft (much softer and juicier than chicken or other kinds of meat). She could easily grind it with her tongue and only a few teeth she has now. I just remind that we made her serving without salt and pepper.
- 3 lbs beef stew
- (3 bags of brown rice in case this is a lunch)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 onions
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- red pepper (spice)
Total time: 90 minutes (preparation 10 minutes + cooking 80 minutes)
- Heat the oil in the large pot
- Add meat and diced onion, salt and pepper (if you plan to give this meal also to little babies, add salt and pepper only to the servings for adults later)
- Mix well and let it cook covered for 20 minutes (low intensity)
- Stir occasionally, you should see the water released by the meat and the onion
- After 20 minutes add 2 table spoons of all purpose flour and red pepper spice (approx. 1 table spoon)
- Mix well
- Add water so the meat is covered
- Bring to boil, cover and cook for another 1 hour
- (Prepare brown rice in case this is a lunch)
- Serve with the slices of raw onion on the top
This dinner (lunch) is part of my 2,000 calories daily meal plan (5 meals per day).
|1/2 lb||beef stew||73.5||0||15.5||433|
|1/6 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil||0||0||2.3||20|
|1/3 tbsp||all purpose flour||0.3||2||0||10|
Source: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and product labels